Skip to content
The memorial link will increase safety. Separation of cyclists and pedestrians from traffic is strongly associated reduced crashes and injuries.
- Cycling and Pedestrian collisions are very high along the proposed Memorial Link route as tracked by Andrew Brigham.
- Sidewalks and protected areas for walking and cycling can help reduce collisions between vehicles and pedestrians and cyclists.
- Cycling and walking are safer and more enjoyable if cyclists and pedestrians are well separated from traffic for the entire length of their journey.
- Bicycle facilities that separate cyclists from motor vehicle traffic are strongly associated with increased levels of cycling, and reduced crashes and injuries.
- In New York City, the installation of cycle tracks decreased injuries to cyclists and pedestrians by 57% and 29%, respectively.